Thursday, February 21, 2013

Snowy Days always Cheer Me Up!

Good morning lovely blog people! :o) Now that I am spending more time on my bum in front of a computer I have a feeling I will be updating this blog a lot more.  Which is good, I have a lot to write about and need to get some things out. :o)

I am feeling better (mentally) today.   Yesterday was a pretty good day work wise, I took my favorite customer out to lunch and it was a great time.  Customers like then are what make my job so awesome!

I also decided to make today and tomorrow work from home days.   I have an appointment with a potential bookkeeper for a non-profit I volunteer for.  But other than that it's lots of rest, computer and TV time.

I did receive the below flowers yesterday. They are my favorite and so cheerful and beautiful.
I also received the below edible arrangement from work, which was so sweet....literally! :)


Everyone has been super supportive!! I definitely feel so very loved and taken care of.  I haven't noticed even one eye roll from my husband....and I've been looking.  The only eye rolls I have seen is when I try to do too much for myself and not ask for help (I have a hard time asking for help). ;o)

The pain is not too bad.  It's only slightly unbearable when I over do it and the swelling gets really bad and for some reason I wake up in the middle of the night with sharp pain in my heel or outer edge of my foot under my pinky toe.  Not sure what that is about, but I will be sure to ask the doctor.  Speaking of, I go see him on Friday and I can't wait.  I'm dying to find out how bad or good things are and when I can start riding my bike again!!!! :o) 

Oh, and I found a physical benefit of crutches.  I am going to have awesome guns and abs when this is all over.  I woke up yesterday with super sore arms and abs like I had spent the previous day lifting weights and doing burpees.  Of course! I am using totally different muscles and walking on crutches has to be good exercise, right?! Yep, there's another silver lining.  My arms are always my weakest and flabbiest feature, so I look forward to toning and firming them up a little. :)

In other news, below is a picture of what I woke up to this morning.  I absolutely LOVE it when it snows.  I think I feel like I need to make up for a life in CA without snow....so I always want it to snow as much as possible in the winter.  I mean if it's cold anyways, it might as well be snowing too!! Plus, it's so beautiful and so romantic.  I love the quiet peacefulness of a snow storm.  In CA when we have storms they are violent loud rain storms.....in CO it's quiet and beautiful.  I prefer this storm better.  Plus, my puppy loves to eat it...so he always comes in from outside with adorable snowflakes on his nose which always makes me laugh at him. 

Here is a picture of the snow this morning....enjoy my friends! This was taken from my balcony looking down or street. 


2 comments:

  1. I'm fascinated that you love the snow, Joey. I had just finished saying that I guess it was about time for it since we've had such a lovely, snow-free winter - and then I read your thoughts here. I would be perfectly content to have cold without the snow myself (well, really I'd like to not have the cold either - but I know that won't happen). I suppose it means you've found a good place for your soul. :O)

    Love the flowers and fruit/candy flowers from everyone. I hope you're feeling better soon and if you need anything, I'm not far away, so just let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, I think I am in the minority really. I think they way you feel about snow is more "normal" :o) Thanks for the offer! I will definitely let you know if I need anything. :o)

    ReplyDelete